Monday, May 08, 2006

Ode to the "O" ring.....

So, Some of you might know, and for those of you who don't, an "O" ring is a very needful item in the great scheme of whipped cream making. My new friend from work, hey darlin', found out the hard (hilarious) way, the truth behind the mysterious "O" ring.

My poor darlin', came to me the other night and said, " I can't seem to get the whip-it to discharge correctly." Me, with all my prior bullshit knowledge, was sure it was operator error. Oh how wrong I was!

I said to her "Hold on to the bottle while I turn it upside down so you can feel the CO2 go though the container when I discharge it. So she bravely held on, blind faith in my problem solving capabilities. I discharged the CO2 and waited for the feeling of the bottle being charged with air. Only it didn't work quite like that.

Instead of filling the bottle, it filled the air and covered my trusting comrade with whipped cream. I screamed and then dissolved into hysterical giggles, all the while pointing the spouting bottle at my dear friend, still trustingly clutching tightly to it. There was whipped cream all over her, the floor, the walls, and more on her. I bravely traipsed to the bathroom to wipe the 2 drops off of my apron while she stood there, in shock, looking very much like a frappuchino topper. LOL!

Ok so, the moral to the story is this, always check the inside of the WC container to insure the "O" ring is in it before you add the CO2. Sorry honey.....:) Love ya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to point out, to you and your darlin' (who I have yet to work with, I might add - and that is not acceptable), that you can have an explosion (a bit less drastic) if you have the big O in the unit.

Sometimes messes happen.

And usually it's when you're completely out of whipped cream (I think we only have 9 of those puppies - run out several times a shift!!!)